Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i up grade a house that not very big would like open flow its a habitat house

Answer Question

Asked by lilmoma7202 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I am not sure. Maybe buy a few DIY magazines, and start there.

    Answer by sunnymom3 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • Are you talking about adding an addition and changing the floor plan(s)?

    If so, there are MANY things that need to be considered! Since this is a HFH house, do YOU actually own it (I ask because some people lease to own or rent)? If so, then you need to go see your city/town's building department to determine your property lines, easements (where you CANNOT build), restrictions/codes, and apply for a permit. Then you need to hire a professional contractor--one that knows about "load bearing support walls/beams" and can do what you want within your budget. If you need a home improvement loan then you also need to do that with your bank.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 9:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.