• In the Spotlight:

What did your parents let you do that you would NEVER let your kids do?

My parents and grandparents used to let me run around in Wal-Mart ALONE starting at age 8 or 9. This wasn't a "different era", now...this was in the mid-90's! I can't imagine letting my daughter run around a store like that, lmao. I was also allowed to go to the mall and the movies alone with two or three friends at age 12.

I can't imagine O.O

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well its kind of funny, my mom let my first boyfriend stay over at our house like everynight. Haha we started having sex and I was 12. LOL! I told her we weren't doing that, either so I lied to my mom yes, lol but she believed me. So, anyway proud to call him my husband, my first and only boyfriend! So atleast we stayed together right???? We didn't get pregnant until our honeymoon. I was 19. Married three years now.

But uh... won't be letting my daughters boyfriend stay over! LOL!
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 7:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Eat twinkies for breakfast.. .I hated those things too!
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 7:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• when I was six my mom left me home alone... uuummm nope. ds is only 3 but that won't be happening...
    Anonymous

• I was allowed to roam the neighborhood until the street lights came on, and that was starting at the age of 5. I don't even let my 7 and 9 year old out in the fenced in backyard alone during the daytime hours!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I baby sat for my 5 year old and 6 month old brothers for 5 hours a day when my Mom went back to school. I made his formula, warmed it up, changed his diapers, made lunch for us older kids, and had no adult supervision.

When I was 9.

I was a responsible kid, but there is no way I would leave my kids home alone at those ages. I don't care how responsible they are.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 7:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Spend the night a "jeannies house". I had met a girl names Jeannie once several years before. She had spent ONE weekend at my house. We drifted apart. When I wanted to go hang out all night and party I told my Mom Jeanies asked if I could sleep over. She always said yes and NEVER once checked up on me. That would never, ever walk in my house.
    Anonymous

• my mom let me do anything. I was riding my bike miles from the house even at 5 and 6. I would pretty much live at my friends house on the weekends. We also stayed home alone at 9 and at 10 I babysat a 2 yr old. That was in the early 80's. Times have definately changed.
    My kids didnt do alot with out me and my younger ones do not either. I am a hands on momma. I had rather have company come here. I am way different than my mom was. WAY!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The FIRST day we moved to Ohio when I was 7 my dad pulled my bike out of the car and told me to go ride around and see the area, and find new "adventures" so that he and my ma could "unpack"  the house (LOL) I would NEVER do that, EVER, even if we lived somewhere for 3 years EVER. lol

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• When I got my drivers license (at 16, 1973) my parents let me and my friends take off on road trips.(My bro and sis did it too)I lived in Atascadero CA, We would drive to San Francisco, L.A. Fresno, San Diego, Nevada ~ Oregon. We had sooo much fun! (No drugs alcohol or boys)(oooh ~ we may have "flashed a few" though) My parents use to drop my Bro/sis/myself off at the beach on a Fri eve, with our horses, and my bro's mini bike ~ then pick us up Sundays, late afternoon. We would camp out and have a great time. That was before any of us could drive. I loved my childhood and teen years.
    nookers

Answer by nookers at 8:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• OMG My mom did that too! We moved into a new apartment across town when I was 9, and I met by best friend by riding around the neighborhood unsupervised. Insane.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2009