Do you really think Obama can fix the economy in 7 months?

It took 8 years for bush to screw up our economy there is no way that Obama can fix it in 7 months. And as the saying goes it usually gets worse before it gets better.

godsgrace1

Asked by godsgrace1 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, by not making it worse in 1 day.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• no, but i think some of his policies are setting it up to get worse.
    Anonymous

• It's not that I don't think he can fix it in 7 months, I don't think he can fix it at all. At least not in the way he has been operating. I don't believe that borrowing and spending trillions of dollars that we obviously don't have has any chance of fixing a thing. That is just one of my fundamental difference of opinion that I have with this administration and it's policies.

And before anyone asks, yes, I did contact my elected officials to tell them that I didn't support the first bailout. Bush had a liberal spending habit.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Sure....and I also believe I can potty train my son in one day like Dr. Phil says.
    (pffhh!)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• No one could. It will take YEARS. He has already said that.
    Anonymous

• and how did he make it worse in one day.

and what explaines it all it that a link or something.
    Bushes liberal spending habit is what got us in this trouble. I think that what obama is trying to do is place money in the economy hands hoping that they will then go and spend it but it is back firing on him.
    godsgrace1

Answer by godsgrace1 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• @ Anonymous 7:52pm... I was asking this question in regardas to another question that was on her about obama fixing the economy. from that questioin it seems as if they were feelling the economy should be fixed by now.
    godsgrace1

Answer by godsgrace1 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• and what explaines it all it that a link or something.

***

Why don't you click, read and find out! You admit you REFUSED to read the link in another post because the OP somehow "insulted you." Just thought I'd help catch you up to speed on the issue of the economy! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

***

In ONE DAY, he signed a $787 BILLION dollar spending bill that was chock FULL of earmarks (almost 9000 of them) for his special interest groups, and campaign supporters. That money did not go into helping the economy. NOW he thinks a SECOND STIMULUS is needed, even though he THINKS the first one is working, 4 months after pasing, and 2 years BEFORE it is scheduled to be implemented? How can something be proven "successful" if it hasn't happened yet?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2009