What's a good craft for a two year old?

I'm on maternity leave form work so I get to spend lots of time with my son, waiting for the new baby to come. What are some good craft ideas that we can do together?

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 8:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Anything with textures. FIngerpainting with different types of paint. You can add sand to paint, glitter. Painting with pudding is fun too. Use white chalk on black or blue paper. Draw on the sidewalk with chalk. Paint with paintbrushes, feathers, toothbrushes. Put a piece of sandpaper under a piece of paper and color over it. Paint a piece of bubble wrap with paint and then gently press a piece of paper over the top. Mix glue and shaving cream together and paint with that. Use watercolors, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Finger painting! Also getting those foam cut outs and having them make pics with it!
    mamaof32007

Answer by mamaof32007 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• finger painting is always fun. You can also take little blobs of paint on one paper then lay another paper on top. Smooth it with your hand and then pull them apart. My kids have made some really pretty "art" like that and it is an easy technique for little ones. We usually do it outside, but if you have a plastic table clothe the kitchen floor works well.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Paint rocks, decorate a cookie (take plain cookie, ice it, put sprinkles on it, use stickers to decorate a brown lunch bag.  See mor ideas http://www.cjkidz.com/Summerfun.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2009