Pregnant Potsmoker wants to adopt her baby out.

I have full intentions of continuing after baby is here. Should I raise my baby or adopt my chid out to a family I get to choose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Adoption

• How do you think your baby will feel if he or she finds out that marijuana was more important then being there for them and raising them?
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If you can't give up the pot them deffinitly let someone adopt him so he has a better life.... but think long and hard whether pot is really that much more important. My fiance thought he didn't want kids and dreaded having a baby up untill the day we walked into the hospital....however the minute she was born all his priorities switched!
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I believe you should search within yourself for the answer. You know what is best for your baby better than anyone else. Regardless if you parent or not while being pregnant you shouldn't smoke, it can affect the baby development, But I beleieve you know this already.
    dngoodwin73

Answer by dngoodwin73 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You really don't think you can give up pot for your baby? Do you want to keep your baby? How often do you smoke? There are programs that will help you stop so that you can raise your child if that is what you want. How far along are you? Have you been smoking while you are pregnant?
    Anonymous

• wow, people like you are the reason society is decaying.

props for atleast giving your baby up to someone who will put it first and not drugs. i hope you will make the right choice for the child.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• So many mom smoke pot. Do you think they should give their kids up too? It's a lifestlyle. Like it or not.
    Anonymous

• You obviously care more about yourself and what you want than the needs of the child that you are carrying. So do that child a favor and allow him/her to be raised by parents who have their priorities in order.
    Anonymous

• Well if you don't plan to quit adoption might be the best choice. Write me I know a lot about adoption and will help you if I can.
    Ilovemydoggies

Answer by Ilovemydoggies at 11:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I don't think potsmoker = bad parent unless you are doing it while pregnant. If you are chooses pot over your child, then yes. Adoption is best for that child.
    Anonymous

• In your subject line you said you want to place the baby for adoption, but in your question you're asking whether you should. You're the only one who can decide this. It would be better if you quit during the remainder of your pregnancy, at least. If you are going to smoke pot after you have a child, you should at least be discreet. Keep in mind that at school they sometimes ask questions to get the kids to reveal things that go on in the home. OP, it is possible to quit. I was a daily pot smoker for more than a decade (before having kids). I really didn't want to quit, but knew I should. It took me almost a year, but I've stayed away from it for eight years now. It would really be best for you and your family, if you choose to parent your child. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009