Has anyone here tried the magic jack from Radio Shack?

A phone jack that only cost 19.95 per year to use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• my FIL has it (he comes back and forst from colombia and NY) and he LOVES it, uses it ALL the time. idk anything about it.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My mother has this... It works fine as far as I know. I don't know much but I do know that it requires internet access. It somehow plugs into the tower and internet modem; and then of course into a regular home phone...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 9:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I have it! I use it when i need it, but for some reason on my phone it cuts in and out like a cell phone a lot! So i dont use it a lot. But yes it does just plug into a usb jack and thats it! so i just plug it in when i need it. now i use a lap top so i dont know if that is why it cuts in and out i have yet to try it on my desk top. but it does work!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I attended a meeting for my old work over the phone once, the boss was using Magic Jack - it was HORRIBLE! He kept dropping the call so a meeting that was supposed to take a couple hours took almost 5! What's even funnier is at the beginning of the call he said how much he loved magic jack.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 10:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My cousin and a friend both have Magic Jack and they love it, no problems whatsoever. You do need internet access though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have it. I love it, but you can't have a DSL connection or it will cut your calls when the connection slows. You also don't have 3-way calling - I used that ALOT - So I miss it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009