HELP!!!

Just had my baby 5 days ago, I have chosen NOT to breastfeed and my breasts are the size of Texas and I am in so much pain I just sit and cry.......how long will this last and besides binding the gargantuan things up so tight is there anything I can do?? DESPERATE!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honey the thing is that your going to HAVE to expell some of that milk or your going to get an infection.

Get in the shower and let the hot water beat down on your breast while your DH runs out to get some "No more milk tea" and a tight sports bra for you.

Let some of the milk run out in the shower so that your comfortable and then put the cabbage leaves in. You may leak for a few days BUT as long as your not stimulating your nipples continuously than you will not contiue to make milk for a long time and will dry up. It works off of supply and demand and if your body is not demanding it continously you won't continue to make milk.
    Anonymous

• There are a few things you can do...

-breastfeed your baby...babies are WAY better at removing the milk than pumps and that will reduce your chances of getting an infection deep in the breast from the engorgment.

-Place FRESH cabbage leaves inside your bra. This will reduce engorgment and may even completely dry up the milk.

-Get some "No More Milk" tea from Babies-R-Us. It's an organic tea they sell for about 5 or 6 bucks.

-Get in the shower and turn it on as hot as you can stand it. Then just let the hot water run over your breast. After about 5 minutes massage your breast starting at the very back and working your way forward. This will help your breast release some of the milk and ease your pain.

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!

Your milk will dry up on it's own time but remember that no matter what we choose EVERY women's body prepares for breastfeeding because that's what it expects us to so it takess time.
    Anonymous

• Take a warm shower and massage your breasts.
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I used frozen bags of veggies in a smaller size sports bra for a few days. Do that a few times throughout the day and it will get better.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• That's just it though, I don't want to breastfeed, AND I was told that if I expelled ANY milk at all that my breasts would continue to produce the milk and just get bigger and bigger......I tried the cabbage leaves but that made them leak.....someone else said to wrap them up extremely tight but now I just sit in agony.....I swelled up a good three sizes went from a 36C to a 40DD and they are rock hard. Does anyone know how long this will last??
    Anonymous

• Don't take a warm shower! That will make your milk leak!!!! I went through the same thing. Do not put anything warm on your bobbies...just cold!!! I wore 2 bras just to hold them back. Even when you sleep. Goodluck! I know it sucks & all my boyfriends friends couldn't stop staring at them....perverts...lol.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above poster! If you leave all that milk in there you will mastitis. You need to let some leak out and then let it dry up.

When I weaned my daughter the pediatrician recommended cabbage leaves and like the PP said it did make me leak for a few days but then I dried right up. I continued the cabbage leaves for a few days with a tight fitting bra even after I stopped leaking just to make sure. It worked and I never had any more pain.
    Anonymous

• Warm showers always helped me...it took about a month for me to finally stop gorging. It hurts but I promise it will eventually stop. Good luck hun
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2009