plz help....can u feel movement at 17 weeks and some symptoms gone?

hi, i am currently 17 weeks pregnant with my first baby. about a week and a half ago i really thought i could feel the baby move. at the time i also has very severe constipation. since then my constipation has gotten better as i have taken up drinking alot more water and eating fruits. but since the constipation has gotten better i haven't really been able to feel the baby move or at least what i thought was the baby moving and i am now really scared that there might be something wrong with my baby...god forbid.

i am not a thin girl (which usually means you feel movement later on i think) but not very big either, so i dunno if that had been the baby moving or if it was just abnormal abdominal movemnet or gas as a result of the constipation.

please let me know what u think

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm a med girl and started to feel a little movement at 20 weeks. You may have felt your baby move, if you were really constipated maybe the baby had very little room so you could feel your babys movements, now that your not constipated, the baby has more room.

I'd call my OB/GYN just to be sure everythings OK. :D
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 9:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If you are really worried call you doctor but i am a medium siezed girl and i didnt feel my baby move until atleast 24 weeks you should be fine but if you are worried call your doc
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Im a chunky girl not huge but I felt my DS at like 20-24 weeks I cant remeber exactly but he felt like a fart bubble but it went up instead of down and out.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• you can start feeling the baby between 16-20wks and if you feel it early on you wont feel it all the time the baby is still really small and is moving you just cant feel every movement .. tell your doctor for sure but everything should be fine and you should start feeling the baby more and more in the coming weeks
    Anonymous

• thank u all for ur responses i really appreciate it.
    i think i can feel him/her again now, these last few minutes.......its feels so good to just feel that my little one is okay
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2009