Whats a strep B stest???

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is a bacteria if found in your girl friend part requires you to have some special precautions taken during your delivery... if you are + they will give you an antibiotic every 8 hours in the delivery room (until baby is out then no more) it is NOT normal vaginal flora but once you have it you never get rid of it.... you get it through sex, dirty equipment (like speculums), oral sex...cant think of any other ways right now but thats pretty much it.... it is not really harmful to you but it can kill a newborn of any gestation if not treated properly
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• test
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• They swab you to see if you have strep bacteria. If you do they just give you antibiotics before you deliver.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• THEY USE A LONG QTIP THING AND SWAB YOUR VAGINA AND AROUND YOUR BUTT HOLE. MOST WOMEN ON HERE SAY IT DOESNT HURT BUT FOR ME IT SERIOUSLY FELT LIKE SANDPAPER. IT HURT REALLY BAD BUT MY DR SAID IT WAS CAUSE OF ALL THE PRESSURE DOWN THERE FROM THE BABY. IT ONLY LAST ABOUT A MINUTE.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I had to get it done twice.... because the doctor lost my swabby...
    they take a q-tip and put in in your va-jay-gel then the same q-tip they poke you in the bee-hind. the first doctor that did it didn't hurt me at all... but with the second doctor... she just jammed it in there like it was something my butt was used to... I dont know I guess it test to see if you have strep b and if you do in fact they just give you antibiotics during delivery so you don't pass it to your baby.
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 11:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2009