How early is too early to start giving my baby apple juice?

Does anyone know when a "good" age is to give your baby apple juice?

starburst22

Asked by starburst22 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depends why.... unless there is an issue like say contipation or rota virus or something like that no juice until after 9 months and then only in limmited quantity....but that said I've given 2 day olds prune juice or apple juice to help them poop but only like 2 ounces and only until problem solved
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• There really isn't a "good age" to give juice at all.

Our pediatrician says it's pure sugar and all it does it rot teeth and make kids overweight.

That being said if you do decide to given juice, always remember that whole fruit provides more vitamins and WAY WAY WAY less sugar, and I would imagine that if your baby isn't old enough to eat solids than they are probably to young...so I guess you should wait until at least 6 months??

Like I said the pediatrician said no so we never did but ask your pediatrician.
    Anonymous

• apple juice cramps their belly

Answer by admckenzie at 9:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• there is very little nutritional value in juice.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My 18 month old has never had juice of any kind. It is just a form of sugar and empty calories.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009