Would you stop wanting sex

My DH is 20 years older than me, I always knew he would aged quicker than me,we always had a great sex life,until 9 years ago, it stopped,at first he was ashamed and told me a lie, I was ill,he said ,he was giving me time,but,the truth was,he couldn't no more.My DH has medical problems and high blood pressure,which makes Viagro out of the question. I hear alot of women saying,they would leave their DH, if they didn't have sex. My DH is loving,supporting, caring,a good father. I married him for better or worse,in sickness and health,as I remember sex wasn't in the marriage vows. I wouldn't trade my husband for all the sex in the world. How about you Would you be able to not have sex for 9 years,and I'm only 48.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree with the other ladies here. There is so much more to a relationship than sex. :-) I'm glad that you still have a fulfulling relationship without the sex because I personally think that a lot of people confuse sex for love, and wouldn't be able to stick around without the sexual aspect.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 10:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I could. My love for my husband goes beyond sex. Our family and marriage are more important.

Anonymous

• Hey man, they make vibrators!
    ....sometimes women are best left to mechanical mechinisms in that area anyway. It sounds like you have a good relationship. I think I could go 9 years without actual sex (again, I would just get a vibrator!) and I think you're a hell of a woman for doing so!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Do you make love in other ways? I would be able to not have sex if he was still tender and loving. If there was absolutely no physical contact I would be very unhappy.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I am 48 and wish my DH would slow down in the bedroom..We have been married for 20 years..And he still has a high sex drive.
    To answer you question..No I would not leave my DH if that happed..As long as the rest of the marriage is good.

Answer by louise2 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• yes. there's alot more to a good marriage than sex. plus you do have other options when it comes to getting some satisfaction... i guess it depends on what type of intimate relationship you have w/ your dh?
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yes, I could if there was cuddling.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• OP here,first let me say, you women are the greatest, I brought this question up in my groups,and some of the responses I got,I couldn't believed,yes,my DH is very tender,not very romatic,he is old-fashioned,and believes his job is to completely make sure I am cared for,also,being very religious, I wouldn't want no outside help, I don't want to make him feel any less of a man. I must say, my DH gave me 10 happy out-of-mind sex full years,so thats a total of 19 1/2,of marriage.Thats not bad at all, I will always have my memories.
    Anonymous

• I agree with these replies. If we love each other than the marriage would survive. I did happened to wonder though...what if it is the wife who can't? How many men would answer as we are?
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 10:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• At 48, I'd be damn close to menopause (no offence) and probably wouldn't want sex anyway so it wouldn't matter. I love my husband, and if, God forbid, he was unable to ..uh..perform anymore, it wouldn't change my love for him, especially if he made up for it in other ways and still treated me with respect and love. I believe I could overlook that, and I got married for life, and that's how long I'd stay.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009