going back to work....so Fearful

From the moment I got pregnant I have had this horrible feeling the Hailey was going to die. I went through nine months waken up every day thinking what if I lost her today. my world would end. well now she is 6weeks old and every second I check to see if she's breathing or not moving, i cant even leave her alone with her daddy cause i think something might happen. i feel like if im not there she might not make it. It every one my mom his mom my sister, no one seems safe enough for her. My point I guess is next week i have to go back to work and every second I and in complete panic. I cry when I think WHAT IF IM NOT THERE! All the things that could happen. We can make it on one income but if tried to think of every way to get out of going back. Trying to find a job that she could come with me to! I need advice, i know alot of people go through with drawl from there baby, but I think i'm way past that!

ally12345

Asked by ally12345 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ugh! I went back when they were older cant you talk to hubby about waiting like until baby is about 4 months or so?? 6 weeks is early
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• it sounds like your not ready to seperate from her yet - i would def wait until your nerves calm down.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I don't think waiting will make it any better. We all worry about our babies, but it sounds like you might be having an issue. Maybe you should find someone to talk to about it. It sounds a little OCD. You want to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Anonymous

• have you talked to your OB? you may have post partum depression of sorts.... i'm not a doctor but maybe you should talk to him?
    Anonymous

• I can't wait any longer Ive had to pay for all my leave my job doesn't pay for it and the moneys running out. my mom keeps sending me to these stay at home mom sites but they are all scams!
    ally12345

Answer by ally12345 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i went through this same thing................and I am so sorry, it is hard, I never did talk to my ob and i am sure hormones had somewhat to do with it.......but I just wanted to be a full time mom....have you tried thinking about starting your own home buisness...............
    Anonymous

• sounds like you may get panic attacks? you may have a anxiety/stress disorder. try talking to a psychologist...and maybe he or she can help you by listening to you. i don't know if it's ppd because you had this during pregnancy too....you find yourself worrying all the time even before the pregnancy? it's never a good feeling, what you're going through...that stress will be bad for your health and your baby will feed off of your emotions as she gets older. i wish you the best of luck. take care!
    Anonymous