Grilled chicken breast marinade?

I am going to make a marinade tomorrow. I was going to use the following: EVOO, garlic, lemon, and parsley.

Does that sound right? Would you use something different?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 10:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yours sounds fine, I have used the italian dressing but usually my family likes it best when I use EVOO,fresh ground pepper, minced garlic, flat leaf parsley chopped and about a tablespoon of dijon mustard. Skin the breasts whisk your marinade and put the marinade and chicken in a freezer style gallon size ziploc. I use the freezer kind because I never have problems with holes or leaks that way. I seal the bag removing as much air as possible Throw it in the fridge and let it marinate overnight. I usually turn the bag every hour and a half or so. Take it out of the fridge 20 mins before you want to cook it. It takes the chill off and doesn't drop the temp on the grill esp.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• yummy - sounds good to me!
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Sounds good to me!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i use italian salad dressing! the light is best because it doesnt separate like the regular. but i also use this in the oven, it smells sooo good. but your recipe sounds good too.
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 10:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I used Italian salad dressing too. It is delicious! Yours sounds good too, though. Whatever you use, I hope it comes out good!
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 10:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Sounds good!
    I, too, use Italian dressing, but I also throw some Merlot in there (or any red wine...you could use a white, though, too).
    I also do a grilled chicken breast that I don't marinate, but drizzle olive oil over and then sprinkle basil, oregano, and some garlic salt on each side and then toss it on the grill! Super delish!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Wow thanks! These tips sound great!

I used the italian dressing last week on a baked chicken breast and it came out very good. I am trying to shake things up a bit tomorrow though since I haven't cooked since maybe Wednesday!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Sounds yummy to me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• That's a great marinade. I use 6 tbs EVOO, 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice, a clove or 2 of chopped garlic & parsley (or I ust 1 tbs dry italian seasoning). Very basic but it always works. You can also use 2 tsp dry oregano for Greek style chicken (like the souvlaki they serve in restaurants). For fajita style marinade, use 1/2 tsp each ground cumin and chili powder and either dry oregano or cilantro.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009