where is the best place to stay near or in chicago, illinois ?!? help!

we are looking for a nice hotel to stay in when we go to chicago this summer. it will be my husband, me and our 2 kids. our kids are 2 and 3 yrs old. we plan on going to the shedd aquarium and possibly a zoo. if you have any suggestions on where to stay or places to visit ( family friendly of course) please share we really need some help!

PEACHES1721

Asked by PEACHES1721 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Travel

• bumpmy dh stayed in residence apts while working on road years ago, but thats like 30 min away from down town area. sorry i couldnt help -

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My house!

Seriously, you would probably be best off at the Embassy suites on State Street. It is steps from michigan avenue; a block from the subway. Not more than 45 minutes by bus to the Museum of Science and Industry; about 30 minutes by bus from Lincoln Park Zoo; maybe 15 minutes by bus from the Museum campus (home of the Shedd) and Navy Pier (home of the Chicago Children's museum)

Contact me directly with any questions.

Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We stayed at the wyndham. Great place!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2009