• In the Spotlight:

how do u get a 21 month old to stop grinding his teeth

Riley_Momma07

Asked by Riley_Momma07 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh gosh, if you find out let me know please...haha. Seriously, my six year old STILL grinds his teeth when he sleeps and it drives me crazy! I asked the dentist about it a couple of years ago, and he said that it's not uncommon for children to grind their teeth when they are finding their bite. If it continues to be a problem and your little man starts wearing down his teeth then they can fit him for a mouth guard. For now, I wouldn't worry too much about it; just bring it up at his next appointment.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 10:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I don't think you can. I talked to my son's dentist about that, because he occasionally does it too. She said that kids will do that, especially when they have teeth coming in. If your baby is doing it constantly though, you might want to check w/his dentist to make sure there is nothing wrong.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 10:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• my son outgrew it. i remember him doing it for a couple of months when he starting getting some teeth in. but i think the dentist will have to take a look & see how bad it is.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• How do you get a 10 month old to stop grinding his 3 teeth?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2009