Need help with a plot for my story

I wanna write something about Egypt...so I was trying to think of an evil plot like evil man finds/steals amulet/ring that has special powers. I'm just not sure what powers it should have. Does anyone like the idea of the evil man stop time (but then for what reason would he stop time)...or maybe the amulet/ring could kill/hurt people....or they do something kind of magic where he could dry up the Nile and all water sources...somebody mentioned curses but I'm not sure how to use it in the story....I also thought maybe he could control like an evil god like Apep or Skekhmet and wreck havoc.... I don't know its driving me nuts that I can't move on from this point. Do any of you ladies have a spectacular ideas for me?? lol Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd be happy to help you out and give you some input, but my first question is, who is your target audience?
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 11:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• At first I thought teens/adults kinda like how Harry Potter and Twilight are...its for teens or younger kids but adults love it too. I have a whole series planned out in my head. lol I basically have this whole story planned in my head also I'm just having trouble thinking/picking what the evil person does exactly.
    oxojen178oxo

Answer by oxojen178oxo at 11:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You could incorporate the whole Butterfly Effect idea into it somehow....if he is stopping time to somehow change things that have happened in order to [whatever he wants to accomplish]. I like the idea of the Nile and water sources drying up.....that could fit in well with the stopping or going back in time to change things theme. And I also think the idea of him controlling a god or more then one, is a cool idea.....something you could definitely elaborate on. And whoever mentioned curses, it was a good suggestion. Do some research on some things related to curses and Egyptian tombs and what not. Any kind of research about your subjects is very helpful. Possibly try to locate some Egyptian myths and legends....they might inspire you.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 11:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Thanks! Yeah I've been reading about Egyptian stuff all day lol I just can't piece things together or maybe I'm just over analyzing everything and being picky lol But thanks for your input I'm gonna keep researching tomorrow......and also I love the Butterfly Effect awesome movie!
    oxojen178oxo

Answer by oxojen178oxo at 11:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yeah, it is a good movie...but just a neat concept in general that could be incorporated in many ways....the idea that if you stopped time or went back in time and changed one very very small thing, you're entire world could end up completely different.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 11:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The Evil Guy is really an ancient pharaoh who has come back to life in his well preserved mummified body. He has escaped from his pyramid and since they believed back then they were connected the Sun God Ra, he could have powers to control environment (Sun, light, heat, etc - could affect the Nile or however you wanted to do that there.) He could later stir things up by trying to find his other mummified colleagues and resurrect them from their tombs (all have different connections for different powers.) The time thing could come into play every time a new pharaoh comes to life. A new time warp occurs, where time freezes for 30 mins and then it is actually several days, months, etc. later once the pharaoh comes to life....

Eh, just my ideas for you. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• What would a woman do if she visited Egypt upon her sister's death, obly to suspect that her brother-in-law murdered her? And when she begins to snoop around, she finds several disturbing clues that show that he is not in a right mindset? To complicate things, upon calling home she hears from her children that things have gone....awry. Will she return home with her questions unanswered? Or, might all of these things be strangely connected, and in the end, is her entire family a pawn in a dark, something-other-than-sacred game spiraling out of control?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009