when did you move baby into his own room?

My little guy is now 3 months old and his dad thinks its time to move him to his own room in his crib well of course i like having him close and i dont want to move him yet besides he still likes to be rocked to sleep and doesnt yet put himself to sleep . At what age did you put your baby in their own room? And is it ok that at 3 months he still likes to be rocked to sleep and wont go to sleep on his own laying down? Am I bad for that? ehhh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had the nursery all set up, but she slept in our room till she was around 3-4 months old and we would just wake up alot to check on her as well as feedings.
    Anonymous

• Asap..As soon a they could hold up there head and move it around by there selves.

Answer by louise2 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Around 4 months I put them in their cribs. I started first by putting them in their crib just for nap so they would get used to it (around 3 months) and then once naps were good they went to the crib for night time. I also would lay them in their crib just to play, look at the mobile and such when I put laundry away to help them be more comfortable with the transition. It is not bad that you still rock him to sleep. They are only little once, enjoy the time that you have. I still lay with my 18 month old for him to go to sleep. My two yr. old falls asleep by himself but I still lay with him for about 5 to 10 minutes.
    Anonymous

• i put my oldrest in his rooma t 3 months... i waited for my youngest, becuase we have a old house and his room wasnt heated well, but he went in the play pin in the family room, then to his room when it warmed up...

you can still rock him to sleep, then lay him in his bed... maybe each week rock him for less time, so hes a little more awake when you put him down.. that way he can get used to putting him self to sleep slowley
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• do what you feel is best for you and baby! if you are both more comfortable co-sleeping, then continue on until one of you is not. i still have my dd in bed with me, she just turned 1. we are both happy with the situation, so we continue. there is NOTHING wrong with rocking your baby to sleep! like the pp said, they are only little once. all too soon it will be a struggle to get them to stay still and cuddle. enjoy the time you have!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Both my kids have been in their own room since day one. They have never slept with us and never will. I don't want them to start a habit of wanting to sleep with us, so we never gave them an option. As for getting your baby to sleep on his own, start out with a nightly routine...bath, massage, nurse/bottle then put the baby in his crib when he's drowsy yet still awake. Make sure there's low-lighting in his room with some white noise or relaxing music playing. I would absolutely start this right away b/c if you continue to rock your baby to sleep, he will expect to be rocked to sleep every night. And if he wakes up during the night, he will expect you to come rock him back to sleep making it hard to get him to sleep through the night. Rocking him before he goes to sleep is fine. It's a great way to bond. But after a short while, put him to bed when he's still awake. Be consistent with this. It worked wonders for us!
    Anonymous

• There is no reason for you to feel like your 3 month old baby should be putting himself to sleep. Do not feel guilty or bad for comforting your child to sleep. You do what feels best in your heart and you will be right. Mother's instinct is there for a reason hun. My 1st child moved to his own room at age 4. My 2nd child was 6. My 3rd child was 4. (Those were all years...not months.) My 4th child is 18 months and won't be moving into her own room anytime soon. We cosleep with our children.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• 2 months with the monitor by their head...lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my first two we had a different house, our room was on the opposite end from the kids so they both left our room at around 6 weeks.

#3 (new house) was in her room within a week - her room is right beside ours, I found it a bit tiresome having to be quiet because she was sleeping so just put her in her room.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• 6 months... I felt comfortable with it because she could sit up and stuff. Plus she didn't wake me up to feed anymore and I was getting nervous she would roll off the bed since she was a little more mobile! I miss her :(
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2009