how much food..................

how much was your baby eating at 5 months.......................... he eats first foods and formula but im wondering if hes eating to much or not enough

Ginger_Sessions

Asked by Ginger_Sessions at 10:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is just now 6 1/2 months and he is eating 4 6oz bottles a day. Usually a jar of vegies and/or fruit and he also has his baby cereal at night. He is just now starting to eat cereal in the mornings. Occassionally he gets what we are having too.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My baby had his first taste of food at 6 1/2 months and only got any MAYBE once a week for a few months. He then started asking for bites of our dinner. He sometimes got snacks of puffs or cheerios. He didn't start eating full meals until after his birthday.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• When my youngest was 5 months old she was eating 5 10oz bottles a day and cereal in the morning and night and had fruits/veggies at lunch time. She is still a very good lil eater!!!
    nevergiveupmom

Answer by nevergiveupmom at 12:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Just breastmilk...She had no interest in solids until after 7 or 8 months, and I don't start solids until 6
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My kid eats and always ate like a horse. We have 4 7 oz bottles a day, plus 1 1/2 jars of food twice a day - breakfast and dinner- and two snacks.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My daughter who is 5 and a half months eats alot. She wakes up at 6, is breastfed. At 7.30 she eats cereal with fruits, is breastfed again at 9, naps until 11.30, eats lunch cereal with fruit around 12, is breastfed again at 1 pm, naps until 4, is breastfed, mashed veggies for dinner at 5.30, bath, then bed with breast around.7.30. She gets up to eat at least once every night around 2-3 am. I guess it all depends on the baby. As long as your baby is healthy and happy and growing, then just keep doing what you are doing.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 11:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2009