1st Birthday party...

Ok, my MIL wants to do a big thing at her husband's restaurant and I already was planning on having it at my house. It's my daughter's first birthday. She has hardly been there anyway so why now? Just to show off? What would you do?

mom630

Asked by mom630 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would do what you really want to do. If you want to have it home, then have it home hun. Its yours to celebrate too, i whole year of tired days and long nights, the first milestones and all that good stuff. Do it the way you want. Happy Birthday to the little one :D .
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If you get along and they really do love and care for your baby, than I would say yes. If you don't get along and she doesn't even see the baby then I would go ahead with your plans and invite her to your house. It's your baby do what ever you want because this is your daughters first birthday party and it only happens this once. Have fun!
    Anonymous

• i would do what YOU want! tell you MIL you already have it all planned. and people invited....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• do what you want to do, not your mil-especially if she wasn't a big part of your daughter's life. sounds like my mil, just wanted to show her off but not be a part of her life. it's her first birthday, she'll only have one :) do what will make you happy!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Repeat after me:
    That is SO sweet! You know, that will be really amazing for a birthday party, but I was hoping to do her first birthday at home. I think it will really be easier on both she and I, and I had my heart set on it.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Tough one. I would set up the party at the restaurant. I have had 5 kids and I know the last thing you want to do is clean up after a billion messy people. LOL Then, On her actual birthday, I would have a cake at home with a special present with just mom and dad (and siblings if there are any). JMO
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2009