Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another 'what are my chances' question...

My first cycle after coming off BC was 28 days long. The first day of it was June 28. So i figured my ovulation date to be around the 11th or 12th of July. Now the reason i'm asking this is because DH and I decided it'd be better for me to go back on BC for a few months while we worked some stuff out... but I was waiting for my period so I could start it. The only method we were using was the pull-out method, and yes I know its not fool proof. BUT, on the 11th and 12th.. he didn't pull out. We had sex on the 11th close to midnight.. so it was closer to the 12th (dont know if that makes a difference.) I'm pretty sure that those were my ov. dates.... but I'm not positive. Now i know that I shouldn't be asking this because it's annoying and I should know, but... what do you think my chances are that we could have conceived? It wouldn't be bad if we did, i would be super excited...

Answer Question
 
jasonsmommy05

Asked by jasonsmommy05 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Level 2 (9 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • There is always a chance...I would just wait it out, I wouldnt tell him til you know for sure though.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • I already told him there was a chance... I don't want to bombard him with 'hey guess what... I'm preggo' lol.. he seemed OK with it, but i think he wont believe it unless i actually got pregnant.
    jasonsmommy05

    Answer by jasonsmommy05 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • i am in the exact same boat...my first day was june 28th, and me and my dh are tryting to concieve. according to an online fertility caladar my most fertil time ws bewtween the 12th-17th...but my husband had to leave to work out of town on the 13th...but we "tried" alot before he left. I am wondering waht my chances are concieving are too...I read somewhere that sperm can live anywhere between 3 and 5 days, if the conditions are right, so were goind to wait and see what happens...I guess in a few weeks we'll know either way.....so hopefully things will work out for you!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.