What's an easy word to say that means penis?

My son is 20 months old and me and my husband are trying to figure out what to call it. He is just now starting to use a few very simple words. So what is something easy to say that can mean penis for a toddler that doesn't sound insane? lol. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What's the big deal about "penis"? Everyone knows what a "pee pee" or 'wee wee" is. Tell him "penis" and a few other words and let him pick.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 8:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My family always called a penis a bird and a vagina a bug.......odd but true.
    Anonymous

• I would just say pee pee. Its not offensive, easy to say and you will understand it. My DD calls hers a chi chi lol
    Anonymous

• you could try peepee or we called my nephews his "peeper"
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• ham lol i dont know
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Penis- use the proper term.
    Anonymous

• OP here. My son can barely say mama and dada. I doubt he can manage to say "penis" yet. But, thanks! And lol at ham! I've always heard pee pee, too.
    Anonymous

• He may not be able to say penis yet...but he will one day. It's best for children to know the proper terminology.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Why not use the word penis? That is the medical term for it, I plan on teaching my son the technical words for body parts when he begins to question them. It is not a difficult word, nor is vagina for that matter. Would you not rather have your child say penis or vagina than pee-pee or vag-jay-jay?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My son calls it his pee-er. He came up with it on his own. I guess because that is what it does.
    Anonymous