Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have advice on how to get child support payment from kids father MIA

Ok so here is whats going on. I want to go to court and file contempt against my son's father for not paying a dime of child support for over 11 years. The only problem is, I have no clue where he is. I know that he is here in Boston but of course he is not going to leave any trail of where he is for me to find him. Does anyone know what I cando? Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did the courts go about finding him? any info would be helpful. thanks

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • If he has a job, gets Gov assistance, or filed taxes they can find him.


    Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • In the state that I live in, SRS attaches a "red flag" to the dad's social security number so if they can track them down either by wages being reported, filing taxes or if they were to win the lottery big.

    Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • Yeah, go to social services and fill out the paper work give their last known address and they will send them a something saying they owe back pay/ child support and if they don't respond they will start a process to revoke their drivers lisc. When you fill out the paper work on him give his social and all the info you have on him. If you know someone who knows him and may still be in contact with him give them a call and have some small talk that leads to eventually asking questions about him and get the 411 lol. Good luck girl.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • haha I could only wish he win the lottery but chances of that are extremely low. but seriously I hope they can find him because he told a friend of mine that the state will never find him and told her to tell me good luck on that one. Smug bastard!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • They won't find him. That's up to YOU. You should fill out the paperwork etc. and maybe he'll show up in their records for something but if you seriously want to get an address for him you need to find it out. When I first put in her in Fl. for them to enforce a standing order they ref. unless I had an address and would not take the add. for his mom's shop where I knew he was sleeping.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • Me finding out where he lives is impossible, I am not a PI and thats why he is a dead beat, he is no where to be found. Of course he isnt going to leave any trails if he is dead set on being a complete ass. I am just going to the courts because they already have ordered that he pay a certain amount since my child was born. He is up to 20,ooo dollars right now because he has never paid and the courts have done nothing! They are telling me that I need to find out his address. any wich way this is so damn frustrating.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.