Back to Back pregnancies

My gorgeous DD is 5 months old and we have just found out that I am pregnant again with #2. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so is there anything I need to be aware of (health wise) and things I can do to make it easier. I imagine that I am about 4-8 weeks pregnant so there will be approximately 12-14 months between the two

mummylovebaby

Asked by mummylovebaby at 11:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• My SIL had her girls about that far apart, she did fine and so did they. Just take it easy and talk to your doctor. Congrats and best wishes!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• No advice sorry but ...........
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had 3 of them. I got pregnant with #2 when my first was 6 months old and got pregnant with #3 when the 2nd was 4 months old. There is 15 months between the first 2 and 13 months between the 2nd two. They are 9, almost 8 and 6 1/2 now. Mine were also all c-sections so it was a bit rough. But otherwise I didn't do much different. I just took it easy as I could while chasing a baby (or two) around. The only complication I had was with my 2nd. I was maybe 7 months along when I felt this pain in my abdomen. It started at my belly button and went down to my pelvis. It felt like a zipper coming undone. My first thought was I had ruptured but once I calmed down I realized I was fine and looked online. Come to find out my abdominal muscles separated from the strain of carrying my over 9lb son plus all the water I was retaining. Other then that all 3 pregnancies and recoveries were uneventful.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009