Back to back pregnancies

My gorgeous DD is 5 months old and we have just found out that I am pregnant again with #2. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so is there anything I need to be aware of (health wise) and things I can do to make it easier. I imagine that I am about 4-8 weeks pregnant so there will be approximately 12-14 months between the two

mummylovebaby

Asked by mummylovebaby at 11:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a 3 year old, a 13 month old and I am due in November. I haven't noticed any health issues. Ofcourse it will be a little more tiring for you this time around with having one that small. That was my biggest challenge anyway.
    hnfields

Answer by hnfields at 11:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I have a three year old, a thirteen month old, and I'm eight days away from my due date with number three. It's difficult to run after my daughters right now, but my husband has taken over most of the child chasing duties for now. Just try to remember that you don't have to be super mom. There are going to be days when you don't feel like crawling around in the floor, making raspberry noises on her belly, or finger painting. Don't feel guilty. Get in all the cuddle time that you can, do your housework when you feel like it, and let your family help out whenever they offer. It's not as hard as you think, but you'll have some challenging days ahead of you. Hang in there. You'll do great.

Best of luck!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Just make sure you're getting plenty of vitamins. The baby depleats your body of vital nutrients that you need each time you're pregnant. Calcium and Folic acid are probably the most important ones that you should try to get plenty of in your food AND supplement. And vitamin C.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• me and my brother are 12 months apart.. my mom said she went back to the doc 2 1/2 months after having her first and found out she was pregnant, dnt worry it happens to a lot of ppl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I AM ONE OF THOSE PPL..(Anon's post) my son is 8 months and i am now 7 months prego. i just take extra extra care of myself. baby#2 was planned this way though.
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My daughter and youngest son are 10 1/2 months apart! My L&D with my son was less than 50 mins though!!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009