Backlabor

Is anyone else having backlabor??? Any advice to help relieve the pressure and try to get him to move his head from my spinal cord???

Mary0727

Asked by Mary0727 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can turn a baby by crawling around your house on your hands and knees. Sounds silly, and please stay on the carpets for comfort, but it worked for me, and was advised by my midwife. I also sat on an exercise ball and did pelvic circles. I was not told anything for my first child who was positioned wrong and I had back labor through the birth. In that situation your partner can apply counter pressure by squeezing your sides. It works amazingly well! I would encourage you to look it up and learn more about it.
    yalomsita

Answer by yalomsita at 12:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• www.spinningbabies.com
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i believe i have back labor, my back is always hurting i mean to the point of screaming in pain because i can't move, i have found out that it feels better when i am on all fours, it puts the pressure off my spine.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Well I have tried looking it up, nothing seems to make since but thank you yalomsita, that helps out a lot. Thanks for the advice New mom
    Mary0727

Answer by Mary0727 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• www.spinningbabies.com
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Hi, Sorry you were not able to find good information. The spinningbabies site is a good one, plus this one below.
    http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/laborbasics/a/backlabor.htm
    Here's what my husband did. He stood behind me, placed both his forearms on my hips, laced his fingers together and squeezed with all his might. It was magic and took away the pain. As labor progressed I asked him to move his arms higher or lower.
    Good luck to you. I know back labor is no fun. I wish you well.
    Dawn

yalomsita

Answer by yalomsita at 3:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009