sleeping on his side

my three month old has just started sleeping on his side. is it ok for him to sleep on his side?

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sure! My daughter did right from the start, and still does. If you have bumpers on the crib though you might want to consider taking them off until he is a little more mobile so he doesn't smother himself.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Both my children slept on their sides very early on. You can find breathable bumpers at Toys Are Us. They are a mesh material. My son liked to pull things over his face when he slept. Worried me, but he was always fine.
    yalomsita

Answer by yalomsita at 11:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My youngest daughter was a side sleeper right from the beginning. If I tried to move her onto her back it made her furious! We co-slept, so I just started putting her on the other side of me so she would face away from me and not get her nose buried if she started rooting. (My little piggy.) He'll be fine. They'll sleep however they like, there isn't much you can do about it that doesn't involve velcro!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My son never slept on his back, he only slept on his tummy in the bassinet , and if not in there then next to me in my bed on his side, Co-sleeping was the best decision that i made for my son and myself. my son is now 14 months and still co-sleeps and never slept on his back!
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I definitely wouldn't go with tummy sleeping because the risk is too great! My daughter is 3 months and has turned onto her side while asleep a couple of times. I just checked on her a lot to make sure she didn't end up on her stomach and that she was okay =)
    iamhome

Answer by iamhome at 6:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2009