is this normal?

I know people ask if it's normal a lot... but I have kind of a rude doctor who treats me like I'm stupid. Every question or concern I have she just cuts me off mid question and shakes her head and says
"Yes Jachelle, it's completely normal!"
but any my finger tips on my right hand go completely numb at random parts of the day... it kind of scares me but not as much as when I see little black floating specks in my vision... I thought it was something on my boyfriends face but when I went to get it it floated off.. haha... but I see those a lot... anyone know what this is about? Or am I just be crazy and this is in fact normal.

jachelle

Asked by jachelle at 11:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If she's not listening to your questions or concerns at all, its time to find a new doctor.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• are you swollen in your hands, feet and face? if so i would go back and to a new doctor, b/c that sounds like signs of pre eclampsia, but no thats not normal.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• High blood pressure is the only thing I can think of ...I agree get a new doc
    Anonymous

• ok I'm not trying to scare you, and it is very possible that nothing is wrong. but my doctor was the same way, I have those same things happening (plus a few more) and I ended up losing my baby. I would speak up and not let her push you around, or find another doctor. You and your baby's health is nothing to take lightly. And I hate it when doctors who think they know everything and think we are over reacting to nothing, do nothing. Which it might be nothing but in other cases it's a sign of something wrong. She is wrong for treating you this way. And I hope you get to the bottom of what got you not feeling right.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I suggest trying a Midwife. I looove my midwife. This is my first pregnancy and she will answer all of my crazy questions, no matter how busy she is. They are so much more personable and I'm really lucky I got one because I didn't research the different practitioners at all, I just picked one from a list :-).
    To make you feel better, I'm 26 weeks and I've seen the black dots too. Only twice though. Just make sure you're having all of the right tests done, and that you get your results asap.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am 30 weeks pregnant right now and do have problems with my arms and hands falling asleep. My doctor said it is nerves being pushed on by the baby. The spots in front of your eyes could be that you are not drinking enough water--that happens to me when I am not pregnant...but I agree with other posts. If your doc isn't listening and caring about your issues, you should find a new doc.
    Becki1979

Answer by Becki1979 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had the same problem with my doctor. She treated me like I was stupid and talking to her was like talking to a freakin robot. She completely neglected me also. She knew I was anemic my whole pregnancy and never told me and gave me ibuprofen knowing I can't take it. I mean come on, YOU'RE AN OB! I changed doctors and I absolutely adore my new doctor.
    Change doctors asap. Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2009