Help! My dog has fleas and now I have some in my hair!!!

How the heck do I get rid of the ones in my hair!! I know for a fact they are fleas because my dog sleeps with me and we've been trying to get rid of his for a while now. Help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Health

• OMG people.. fleas just don't go hopping around on your dogs and cats. If you have flea's in your home, they will jump on you too. Anyways, this is what I suggest for you to do.. totally clean your house.. clean out under the beds.. just everything. There are cans you can buy where you pull a tab.. leave the house and it sprays this stuff that will kill fleas, spiders, all those pesky little critters. Read the directions carefully. I think depending on how big your place is, you may need one to two on each floor. During that, your dog will need a flea bath. I think vets will do it.. or just do it outside. If you want to treat your hair with flea shampoo.. I heard its okay (I knew someone thats pet had a flea problem). Flea's also like to hang in your yard.. you will have to treat your yard too. Call a lawn service and see how much it will be. Good idea to do this all in one day so the issue will be dealt with.
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 12:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Believe it or not, flea shampoo will work on people too. Just be extra careful not to get it near your eyes since the active ingredient (Pyrethrin) can irritate mucous membranes. There are several natural ways to get rid of fleas as well including wormwood, cedar, rosemary, bay leaves, lavender, and several others. Here's a good website for some recipes:

http://www.holistichealthtools.com/fleas.html

Good luck!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• People don't get fleas. If you have lice then treat the lice. There are many ways to treat lice, buy some shampoo or use tea tree oil or use rubbing alcohol. Either way clean all of your bed things thoroughly. If you get it all clean at once you won't have to worry about reinfestation. Make sure that you get the nits out using a fine toothed comb.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Bull!!! Fleas will jump on humans, and have been known to crawl through their hair. I was outside and had one do it to me the other day. It was annoying feeling it. I caught it on my forehead and killed it. I picked it up by lying in the grass playing with my kids. People don't get a flea infestation, but they will crawl on and bite you.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am pretty sure I have also heard that people don't get fleas. "ColleenF30" Is there any chance it could have been a tick you found on your forehead? They live in grass, and I don't think fleas do. To the P, I would try to treat it like lice, and see if it doesn't work out for you.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I know I said more but to get rid of any kind of flea problem, there's a lot to be done. Good luck!
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 12:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Thank you starmoonlight! It's nice to see someone here that believes me!!! I'll try what you said. Thanks again!
    Anonymous