I'm at a lose @ what to do!!!

I have depression,and now an injured foot,and I'm dealing with some things.My soon-to0be father in law has a short term amnesia illness,and he is drivin me crazy!!!He has been doing some outrageous things..coming into my house when I'm gone and turning off my AC,checking my answering machine,and getting upset when I ask him what he's doing sometimes.I try to talk to my finacee,and he is getting upset.I tell him what his dad does during the day,the things that are upseting me..which are alot of things,and how his dad will not listen to what he has been told to do,and has been getting mad.He told me the other day..just leave him be(his dad), let him do the nutty things that he is gonna do,and don't talk to him @ it cause he just gets upset.My fiancee doesn't want to be in the middle of mine and his dads tifts.I don't know what to say anymore...I can't talk to his dad and tell him how to behave anymore,and I can't talk to no-one!

momz1970

Asked by momz1970 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Definitely change locks! Warn your bf though. Have a talk with him. Tell him it scares you. You never know if an intruder was in or if it was his dad. You are afraid that he'll do something dangerous to hurt himself or leave the stove on or something. What's being done to get him help? This isn't the normal course of attention seeking behavior. Stable adults don't do these things. Is the family in denial? Is your bf afraid this will happen to him at some point so he's blocking it out? Sounds like a form of enabling. Dad needs to be checked by a doctor-maybe a neurologist. Any family history of this particular health issue. Plan your conversation with your bf to address your concerns. Try to get him to see it as a potential health issue. If he still doesn't hear you, let him know that you have to look out for the safety of your family, his included and will be changing the locks! Good Luck!
    sunshinesmon

Answer by sunshinesmon at 12:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• This is putting a strain on my relationship!!!I'm afraid of what to say to my finacee now...I understand his dad is sick,but there are people..as well as myself that think his dad is faking some of his memory lose to get attention!!! I don't know who to talk to anymore,and I'm not sure how to get back closer with my finacee!!Is there anything I can do,to ease my fustrations when his dad acts up?I have a counselor for my depression,but she is away for two weeks on vacation,and I feel like I'm loosing touch!!!
    momz1970

Answer by momz1970 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Change your locks so he cant get in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• why would he come to your house and come in while you are not there? If he has amnesia how can he remember where it's at? Why does he have a key? Put him in a home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009