• In the Spotlight:

How come Im not showing yet?

When I was prego with DD I started to show around 11-12 weeks. And I am almost 16 weeks this time and Im not showing at all? Ive done everything the same, and weigh about the same as I did with DD. I dont understand what is taking so long? I know the baby is growing because I 've seen the ultra sounds and I can feel the stretching...any ideas? I know this isnt a "problem", but I want to show...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're lucky. I'm 26 weeks and just now startin to show. I have no idea why it's taking so long for you. But the reason I think it took me so long is because I have very wide hips, and she had plenty of room to grow inside of me before needing to grow out. Maybe your hips are wider this time from already having a baby. I suggest taking a weekly pic in the morning on the same day. You'll see it in the pictures, even if you don't see it in real life.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• u have more room in there from ur dd so it will take a lil longer to show. w/ my first dd i showed @ 4 months and "popped" @ 5 months w/ second dd i barley showed until 7 months and now w/dd #3 on the way i started showing @ 2 months lol each is diff.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I think you're the first woman ever to want to gain weight quicker lol in four months you'll be wishing you weren't as big!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I started showing around 20 weeks with my first, and this time I thought (and all my mommy friends said) I'd show earlier. The friends kept saying around 10-12 weeks. I went up to 16 weeks and all of the sudden there was a tummy! I had to start wearing maternity clothes and everything because it just popped out. I think my muscle tone was better this time around as well as my uterus already knowing what was going on. I feel huge now (at 30 weeks) but everyone keeps telling me that I am only pregnant in my tummy. Great for self-esteem, but all that stretching in front is really uncomfortable.
    Becki1979

Answer by Becki1979 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009