a little freaky

last night we got home late from a graduation celebration for my hubby's class (he just graduated a new MOS in the army) so we get home , relax...do our thing..cuddle....and i cant sleep, i was up till 4 becausei just keep seeing something terrible happening...i wanted to wake him but he was passed out cold. and i felt really really sad ..just something really bad and i was in tears partially...

today we get a phone call and i find out that last night a fellow soldier around that time here who has a family ....committed suicide last night

and part of me went I SHOULD OF WOKE UP MY HUSBAND..but its not like it would of made a difference...i couldnt of stopped it. but it kinda erked me a little cause i was like what the hell...it was the same time frame etc. and i feel for his family....oh my god...a wife..a kid...they have no explanation as to why he did it

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am so sorry to hear this happened. It is really hard to go through it. Unfortunetly the number of suicides is high in the military than in the civilian world. The job and life of it all is very stressful. I hope that the family has a strong network of friends on base, or that the spouse clubis very active and ready to help them out.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i have lived here at gordon for 2 years.....

this is the second suicide that was close to home. the first was because he was found our for cheating.

another friend is in jail for threatening to kill his wife who was cheating on him in iraq, when he got back she called the copscause of his threats and he was making ap ipe bomb..yea seirously they found it

hell my first year in the army i went to 3 funerals before i even graduated AIT (basic job training after bsic)

its harsh sometimes.

i cant imagine how his wife feels. that would destroy me
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Sometimes thoughts and images will come to us to pray. If we do not know what it is that we should pray for; then we ask God and pray knowing that God does hear us.
    Did that make sense to you? I know what I am trying to say.
    Sorry that the men and women feel that there is just NO way out unless they end it.
    Both of my nephews did 6 & 8 years and they both suffer from PTSD.
    I just pray to God that when our military comes home; they are not treated like the vietnam returning was.
    More of us should pray for the military EVERY DAY.They and their families need it.
    God bless them all!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 2:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• There is power in prayer... I told you my story of when God gave me a dream about my friend committing suicide and I interceded for her and she remained alive and told me after that she was contemplating suicide. Had I not prayed..,,, she may have killed herself and I would not have had the pleasure of developing a close friendship with her that lasted 9 amazing and precious yrs.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I agree with bloodbought, God was desiring you to pray in earnest, even if you did not know what to pray for the spirit man did. I cannot say it would have changed the outcome. For future reference the 3-4 am time is what is referred to in biblical terminiology as the witching hour. Several times the bible makes note of teh darkest hour which is whenGod focused on having prayer warriors doing battle on their knees in prayers . This is the hour when Satan does his best work in people and their lives. Prayer changes things..
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 2:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i did pray.......but it didnt stop him. when i found out...i prayed for his family to find peace as soon as they could and i realize where suicide is supposed to send you but i prayed for him to hopefully be sent to a better place and receive help....he is mentally disturbed and from what ive recently been told...had an issue with suicide years ago, so i think he was probablyd epressed but didnt want the military to know that
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i dont think they will get the same treatment vietnam vets had...but they do still get some hate. ive had many a debates with so called anarchists.....anarchists who live in suburbia soaking up the nice things of this government drinking a latte going, down with america! mmhmm......most of them couldnt last one day in a thrid world country.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009