Juicy Juice causes cavities?

Has your dentist ever told you NOT to give your kids Juicy Juice? I didn't realize it was full of sugar until the dentist said this.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most fruit juices have sugar in them.
    Any kind of sugars or acids can wear down the enamel and cause cavities.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Most juices, even 100% juices have sugar in them. They kids will be fine as long as you brush their teeth. Do NOT let them sleep with a bottle or sippy cup of juice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah, I have a long list of "hidden sugar" foods from the dentist.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• All juice is bad for their teeth...even 100% juice. Juice is just sugar water squeezed out of fruit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Dateline or some show like that did a story of hidden sugars in juices supposedly 100% juice. Don't be fooled. Juicy Juice has TONS of sugar. I thought twice about buying it after that.
    drowsywaterbug

Answer by drowsywaterbug at 12:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• water down the juice and your fine......the most acidic drink out there is the hawian(misspell I know) punches sold in gallon jugs for 2 bucks at walmart
    fruit snacks are MUCH WORSE then any drink out there
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• All juices can cause cavities. I got the hidden sugars list from my doctors when I had GD.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• All juice is bad for their teeth...even 100% juice. Juice is just sugar water squeezed out of fruit

and really, there is no reason to give your kids juice if they eat a balanced diet that includes fruit. IF my ds gets it he gets it watered down(half juice half water) and we brush his teeth right after. fruit juice is not a substitute for actually eating fruit
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009