So I sort of eavesdropped at the park-Let's speculate.

My kids and I saw a friend of my son's today at the park while he was with his mother. The other boy lives with his father and his mother has visitation. His mother also has an older son that was adopted out to some family members. So we are heading to say hi when I hear his mother say to him "Mental Health professionals said I was feeding your brother blood." I immediately walked away explaining to my son that they were talking and we shouldn't interrupt. Can anyone think of a topic in which that is what you would say to your 7/8 year old son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would agree with MamaJen, however, I wouldn't tell my 7year old that. I would find a nicer way of putting it. Perhaps one that wouldn't completely freak him out and make him question my sanity.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I can think of no reason someone would be feeding their child blood, unless they eat rare steak.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Uhm, how about the 7 yr old is wondering why his brother isn't in his life anymore. It's pretty sad really.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Umm....maybe they're vampires? :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yeah I'd have done a quick turn around too. I was trying to think of words that rhyme with blood and nothing is making sense???  Weird

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• mom1stepmom1...oh I agree...there would have to be something better to say.
    luvmygrlz....hmmm good point. Maybe she said mud?
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• OP

She relinquished the older child at birth. I am pretty sure however, that they still have contact and he knows the situation. He is like 14 now. Not sure if that makes a difference in anyone's thought process.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It's the Twilight hype, It's all the in style to eat blood and so on....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Do you suppose there is any way that is true? I mean, theoretically that would be on record right? I mean if that really was a reason she didn't have her son? That or she is completely full of shit and just wants to look better for not being more involved? I don't know. Perhaps a call to the police or to CPS would tell you if it were something you should be concerned about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009