What do you think of Stay At Home DADS

I think this is something that is getting more popular... Honestly at first, I think well the guy must be a loser* And something that seems so common now -- mothers with men who wont work ) . But then I hear of other situations, like one of my dads female friends, has a really great job that pays alot. Her husband stays at home to take care of their young kids, takes care of the house, etc.

So what do you think when you hear of stay at home dads?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think "Good for her!" about the wife, lol
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I think it's great if both parents support each other's decision.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 12:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I think it must be what works best for their family. To be honest, when I see a dad at the store with his little ones, it kinda makes me go mushy.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• eh, not a fan of it. I'm way old fashioned though about men work/women stay home.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Personally, I'm fairly old-fashioned, so it still seems a little weird to me. In our house, we have pretty traditional roles. My husband works, I stay at home and do the housework and as soon as our first baby is born in less than 3 months, I'll be taking care of him. I like it that way. I have nothing against stay-at-home dads, but it's not something my husband and I would ever consider unless we had no other choice. Now..it would be nice to win the lottery or something so that we could BOTH stay home...that would be a different story, lol. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• LOL!! I used to clean houses and one house I cleaned was for a couple who had 2 boys
    The dad stayed home while the mom made good money....
    She also had us changing the bedding!!!
    My thought was.....This is a guy who's wife makes ALOT of money and he does not have to clean or change sheets???? what guy wouldn't jump on that bandwagon? lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would love for my husband to be a stay at home dad. I think that a lot of it is the guy is lazy. But I think some of them really want to be there with their kids. I, too, get mushy when I see dads and kids together.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Whatever works for that particular family's dynamics is FINE by me.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Until this past March I never seen my hubby he worked 60 hours a week and slept when he was at home. He lost his job in the auto industry and now is at home. I am still working and he is at home. He got a very good severance package and we are not in bad finacial shape due to not having any payments except living costs. I enjoy my son having a father around. After working 60 hours a week for 20 years he has time to be a parent now.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• well it depends, my DH has a friend who is a stay at home dad while his VERY pregnant wife works TWO jobs, and I think that is pathetic.
    I am 15 weeks and I was going to start looking for a job and my DH says I cant work lol. Im not going to argue lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2009