Would you be upset?

My husband went to go play golf with his guy friend today. He texted me while he was gone and said that he and his friend were going to get something to eat afterward and I told him that was fine that I would go to the store and get something for me and the kids. I got home minutes after him and he asked where I was, I said I was at the store like I told him and asked where he was. He said that him, his friend and friends wife went out to dinner, and he came home stumbling drunk. I am more upset that I was told it was a "guys day", but his friends wife went and an offer wasn't even made to me. How would you react??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not sure how I'd react, but I'd be upset too.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am not going to lie, I would be hurt by this and PISSED! I would ask him if his friends was invited how come you were not? I would wait until he sobered up to ask though. Nothing more annoying than arguing with a drunk. If he doesn't come up with a good reason you can always pull the same stunt in him. go out with "the girls" and come home and tell him all about your adventure later =0)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have no desire to go out with idiots who get stumbling drunk. I'd rather stay home with my kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I think i'd be sad. I would let him know-when he was sober- how i felt. Maybe his friend has a clingy insecure wife that doesn't let him out alone. Men hate that. He may not have known that his friend's wife was going to be there. But why was he tripping about YOU being out? That I don't get Just talk to him.
    sunshinesmon

Answer by sunshinesmon at 12:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Had a simular experience...dh and dd's got invited on a weekend trip and I wasn't invited at all. Dh didn't even ask if I could go either. Dh's friend who invited them is recently divorced so I was like what because he has no wife you can't have one either???? So I know how you feel. I would have been pissed too.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'd be upset, i know that.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It would bother me.. But maybe he didn't invite you because you had the kids, or maybe he going was a last minute thing.. Maybe they needed a driver..
    I would just tell him that it bothered be and ask him to be more considerate next time.. I woudl not make an argument out of it..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 10:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2009