Question?

WHen I go to the hospital to have my baby . I dont have anyone to watch my other son at the time he will be 22months.. My hubby is the only want that is going to be able to watch him.. Well my hubby said he wants to stay in the hospital with me all 3 days and I told him i dont want our son to be in the hospital for 3 days sleeping there but he says he is going to be there. My question is can Children stay at the hospital all night anyways...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you want them to they can but it is not preferable for you because you need your rest! Have your mother take him and have her make it a "big brother" 3 days and do things with him that are orriented around him and him being a big brother! Or have a family friend come get him in the morning from the hospital and bring him back in the afternoon so he gets out of the hospital and he will be able to sleep good when he gets back to you! GL!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Your other child CAN spend all the time you want/need him to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• matters on the hospital. i know 1 that will let you but i dont think the others around here let you. why dont you call the hospital and ask them?
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 12:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• mine did....my dd was almost 10 months old when dd #2 was born I didn't have a sitter either.....well she flaked on me.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It really depends on the hospital.
    Some wont let children under 5 in.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• at our hospitals daddy has to go home (unless its a special circumstance).

I'd have him plan something to do with your older ds - something special for the two of them now that there's a new arrival. I'd be sooooo stressed out if he was hanging out at the hospital...what's he going to do?
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Our hospital wont allow other children (even your own) stay at the hospital between 8pm-11am. And between 11am-8pm they can only spend a 3hour max in the room with you. The other hospital we considered wouldn't even let my husband stay with me during the night hours. I'd say ask at an OB Tour (or call your L&D to ask if you don't go on an OB Tour).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2009