has anyone ever been to Six flags safari? what was the experience like? did the animals scratch up the car? Thanks.

proudmomma777

Asked by proudmomma777 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Travel

• I haven't been to Six Flags Safari but I have been to a safari in Oregon and most of the animals just walked by and went about their business. We even drove through the cheetahs and bears but there were big gun towers where gun men waited in case any of the dangerous animals began to attack. I wouldn't worry about it unless they have an ostrich. Those things are territorial and ,mean. There was this one ostrich that would wait by these little grated bars by the entrance and it would peck at every one, the dam thing even cracked some ones wind shield and was trying to stick it's head in peoples open windows. LOL I'm not saying all ostriches are this aggressive but if you see one I'd roll up your windows and try to avoid it because some are bad news. Oh and if you are going to the Safari Six Flags in California you should check out the Safari in anta Rosa, CA. My mother in law went and she loved it, we are hoping to go too.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I've been through the Six Flags safari many times and while it's a lot of fun and you can get some awesome photos, yes, the animals will damage your car. Especially the baboons or monkeys (not sure which it is). They will climb right onto your car and pull off anything which is not bolted down. This is why there are signs before you even go into the Safari to remove things from your car (if possible) such as your windshield wipers and antenna. If you have a roof rack on your hood that is removable, take that off before you even go to the park because yes, they will take that too if they can. I'm sure it sounds crazy and unbelievable but it does happen. Don't ever underestimate how strong the animals are. You should also never offer the animals food of any kind and never ever get out of your car no matter how tempting it might be. (Yes, I have seen idiots who have done this, believe it or not).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Cont: Some people will read these suggestions and laugh, some even will say "that doesn't happen". But it can and does happen so you should always take the precautions ahead of time. True, you may get through the Safari without a scratch or having anything done to your car but you should still be prepared anyway. Other than that, like I said, the Safari is a lot of fun and we drive through it every time we go to Six Flags.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• BTW, just wanted to add as well that most of the animals will stay to themselves and not even come near your car. A few will though if they are curious enough - if your windows are open they might even peek into your car LOL (so don't call them over or wave anything at them if you don't want them near your car). In my experience it's the baboons that you will need to watch out for. I've never had any problems with the Ostriches (as mentioned above) but I'd take any advice I was given! The safari is a lot of fun -- don't let any of this scare you from going. Just remember to follow the rules!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• thanks alot for the responses. very helpful. we're going next week, hopefully the baboons will be sleeping when we get there, lol.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2009