My six year old is hungry all the time. When we get up from the table she is still hungry!

Have been to nutrionist, checked thyroid, Trying higher fiber and protein foods any sugustions? She is very active but even wants to eat while we are in the pool.

kim241

Asked by kim241 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Me too! Is she overweight? Have they checked her for a Tape Worm?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• She might just be about to hit a growth spurt.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my oldest who is 6 is the same way. he eats non stop but skinny as hell. my ped said it was normal...i serve 3 full meals and 3 snacks a day that helps some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Is it possible she is bored? My son was doing this a lot, and when he started putting on weight, I would start engaging him in something else, and asking him 20 minutes later if he was still hungry. He rarely was. Also, it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register that you aren't hungry anymore. So, if she is a fast eater it may just be that she doesn't realize she isn't hungry. Other than that, I would say a growth spurt is very possible.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my 5 year old eats twice what I do sometimes then shell grow and then eat very little. I just try to give her healthy choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Intestinal yeast overgrowth could cause constant hunger too.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009