Do you (or did you) shower with your kid?

Im just wondering. Cause i shower with my 21 motnh old DD and a mother told me that "that is worng, that they dont need to see my private areas." I look at it like she is to young to know or even remember, and it saves me time and i get a shower. so i was just wondering if any of you mothers did this or does this with the little one(s)??

Mom2Mylie

Asked by Mom2Mylie at 1:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• my husband occasionally has.... I am very, very modest myself though. I only briefly breastfed but I wanted to cover myself from my own baby, LOL
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have since my daughter was old enough to sit in a bath seat, she's now three and a half. As soon as she starts paying any attention to my private area, I will stop. Currently, she sits in the tub and plays with her toys.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have done it with both my boys everyone thinks its wrong. I don't see a issue with it I stopped at (i think) 1 1/2 with my oldest and thats when I'm most likely going to stop with my youngest.
    Everyone thinks its wrong for a mother to shower/bath with there boys but ok to do so with their girls. And same with dad's that its ok to shower with their boys but not girls. It's the same thing. And it saves time.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I did until my kids were about 2 maby 2 an a half1 I don't think there's anything wrong with it and if someone else dont like it they dont have to do it! And yes it saves time because there is very little time in a day to get everything done!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I shower with my three year old if we have to be somewhere and I'm running short on time. She still thinks the "rain" is hilarious, and pays no attention to Mommy's parts at all.

The one time she did say something, I was too busy laughing to say much. She looked up and said "Your boobies are pretty, Mommy." I cracked up. I managed to say thank you while I was laughing like a hyena. She never mentioned them again. I guess she just wanted me to know. LOL.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 2:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My daughter sees my breasts all the time since we are still nursing. We also shower together sometimes but I hog the bath tub so it's only once in awhile. I also co-sleep and change in front of her. Naked bodies are not shameful and clothing is optional in our house.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my dd is 20 months and i have showered with her in she shower since she was old enough to have a bath! I also climb in when she bathes because it is SOO much easier for me to wash her, catch her when she falls... make sure she doesn't drown! But if I don't bathe with her, I won't ever get a shower!!! My SO has been deployed for a yr now and everytime I've tried without her in there, she wakes up from her nap and climbs in clothes, diaper, blanky and all! LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My sons are 3 years and 6 months old. They still both shower with me from time to time. Nothing wrong with it at all.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• yes and I still shower occassionally with the 3 yo. My husband showered with the girls until they were about 3.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I don't think that is wrong.... who ever says it is they are very sick minded me my dh and ds all take showers together my ds is 2.5 and anytime he hears the water come on he comes flying in here taking his clothes off my sister in law still showers with her girls and they are 4 and 3 and there is nothing wrong with it.

mom2marcus0104

Answer by mom2marcus0104 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2009