Military wives, who sews the patches?

Who sews your hubby's patches on his uniforms, him, you or the uniform shop?

My hubby always waits until the night before he needs the uniform, so he's currently sewing. I don't sew them, his uniform, his patch, he can take care of it. I don't want to be the one to screw up a uniform.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 1:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I refuse to touch his uniforms so either he does them or he takes them to the uniform shop or a tailor to have them done.
    When he had to wear his dress whites for inspection he had the dry cleaners press in the regulation lines because I know I would just botch the whole thing up. He's done it himself before, but it takes him ours.
    I hate how collar devices have to be a certain distance from the point - a quarter I think? So picky!!! LOL.
    He's never gotten called on anything except for his hair. No matter how short he gets his hair cut they tell him to get it cut higher...lol. I told him it was easier when he went bald for 9 years....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am not good at sewing so we always had that uniform shop sew them on. Like you, I was always afraid of messing them up.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Uniform shop or him. But mostly the uniform shop.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 1:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have sewed them on but mostly the tailors do it.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 2:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We take what needs to be done to the tailor shop. IF he forgets to get something done that he has to do the sewing..I can't sew a straight line.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 2:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I do normally. It irritates me b/c he'll wait until 2 or 3 days before, then ask if I'll do it. Like when they had change of command and he had to wear his dress whites (which he hadn't worn since June 2007). He needed something sewn on. So what was I doing all day? Sewing.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If he told me a few days before then I would take them to the tailor shop. If it was the night before then I would sew them as best as I could. With the new uniforms though, I really don' t have to worry about it anymore. = )

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I do all the seing on hubby's uniforms. We never wanted to spend the money on getting the uniform shop to do it and he always waits until the night before so we couldn't even take them in if we wanted to. And as far as him sewing that is not going to happen, he would be more likely to staple them on if he had to do it. It is much easier now that I have a sewing maching. I hate the coveralls that they wear because they have two collar devices, name tape, US Navy and his dolphins, whenever he says he needs a new uniform and it is coveralls I cringe. It only figures that he goes through about 5 or so of these uniforms in a year when they are underway a lot. I also hem all of his uniforms. The only patch that I have not attempted to do is the ones that fall on his forearm for time in sevice, I just do not know where to begin on putting those on because they do not follow a seam and they are at an angle, just seems overwhelming.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2009