does anyone know how to stop a cat from peeing on fresh laundry?

I have a female cat that will not stop peeing on freshly cleaned laundry!!!! Mainly my daughters . I am going nuts over this if you have any ideas please let me know

sassygirl1217

Asked by sassygirl1217 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pets

• I had similar problems with my cat. Call your vet and ask for the pheromone plug in. It plugs into an outlet just like a glade plug in. You won't be able to smell it, but it releases a cat pheromone that makes them feel happier. If you plug it in close to the area where they are doing the peeing, they will stop peeing there.

My cat was peeing all over the living room after I had my first baby. The pheromone plug in made him stop within 30 minutes. After it was in just 30 minutes, he went to his litter box and peed there for the first time in a week! It works.

You can also buy it from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FH708I

Just like glade plug ins, after you use up the first cartridge (lasts about a month) you just have to buy the refills.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• is the cat spayed
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• kick it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Ok you could put the laundry away immediately, or get a spray bottle to spray your cat with as it does the undesireable act. Another option is to wrap your daughters clothing in tin foil. They hate that but it isn't very practical. Also try changeing detergents as your cat obviously objects to it and is trying to change it to something your cat feels is less objectionable.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 3:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Have you taken the cat to the vet to be checked for a UTI, bladder infection, or crystals? Healthy cats rarely pee outside of their litter pan. This same thing happened with my male and I wasted a lot of time trying to fix it myself thinking it was behavioral...all the while he was suffering with a bladder infection.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had a cat do this to our laundry too... as well as our couch. She was in heat though and the vet said that believe it or not female cats are territorial too. Is yours spayed?
    mrscherry09

Answer by mrscherry09 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• uh-put the clean laundry away, or out of rooms the can can go in. If you dont have time to put it away, shut the door to the room til you do.
    And get your cat checked, might be something wrong.
    Anonymous

• Bye bye kitty....
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It sounds like she is marking her territory just as males do.She is probably in her prime and will be lookin for a boyfriend soon.
    Anonymous

• My mom's cat would do that-she was healthy--she just had a thing for baskets. Usually she did it if she was nervous, like left alone overnight. Maybe there is something stressing your cat? Mom made it a point to keep the laundry basket empty and clothes put away-- or closed the door so she could not get at the basket.
    The squirt bottle worked too, if we saw her go near a basket we would give her a squirt.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2009