Did anyone leave their baby's gender a surprise?

We are trying to conceive our second and I want to keep it a secret, but don't know if I can hold out for nine months without knowing.

Is it hard to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We didn't find out with either one of them, i like not knowing. To me its one of life's last true surprises.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• not me....but the only ppl i know who did that was a couple who already had a boy and a girl so they wanted to be suprised for their 3rd baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I want to keep mine a surprise too! I don't think SO will like that though.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i want to with our 3rd. it seems complex to me though. u cant buy ANYTHING!?!?!? unless u love yellow and mint green. which i do not.... at least not enough to buy the ENTIRE wardrobe of. i want dresses or trucks ..... flowers or race cars....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The baby I am pregnant with we are keeping a surprise. My doctor said I'm backwards because I HAD to know with my son, but I feel I can wait it out this time. She said it's usually the other way around. The only slightly tough part is having to pick out two names. But I think we have finally got it.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have 2 kids and for my second one every doctor said we were going to havea girl so I bought all girl stuff the day I had my SON. I had all girl clothes. So be surprised and get at least 1 outfit of each and decorate your babys room in nuetral colors.
    joshnchrystal

Answer by joshnchrystal at 2:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• With our first we waited....I still remember my DF telling me "ITS A GIRL" (which we wanted) and I was so relieved and tired, It didn't seem to dawn on me til later...LOL

With our second I wanted to know!....so I knew what to buy this time..LOL...we had a lil boy born feb.18th 2009. =)

I told my DF if we were to have another one....I would like to wait again...It makes the labor more exciting.
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 4:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i cant keep it a surprise....no way i have to be in control...i mean i have to know the sex so i can prepare....i cant not know
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have 4 bio kids, we didn't know with any of them, we like the surprise!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I always thought I wanted to know until I got pregnant. I wanted the names to be a surprise but I told my mom and sis and they told EVERYONE so... I said FINE. You can get to know the names we picked out but when it comes time to find out what we're having, we arent. I walked into the sonogram and said I didn't want to know. Since I got prego I felt like I was having a boy, so I really and truly believe its a boy. I bought mostly yellows and greens and oranges but I believe he is a boy so much I call him him, and I even bought a boy outfit. Just one. I'm almost 31 weeks so I'll find out soon.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2009