• In the Spotlight:

c section mommas. How long til it was 100% healed?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Health

• I had a c at 38 weeks, my daughter was breech. It took about a month for it to "close". They didn't use stiches, they used glue! I would say it still isn't healed but about 6 months I could walk normally and sit tall. Actually started stretching out and now at 20 months post c I still have some pain on the end and in the middle if I overwork my muscles
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• as mine was surgically re-opened a few times, it was twice a day packed for 9 full months. The kid that came out of it would hand the gauze & gloves to my husband, LOL. And about 2 weeks after it was finally healed completely thru..... my daughter Molly was conceived. Have yet to meet another Mom with bag complications of the wound
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Also, my MIL still has pain after 23 years there and no feeling whatsoever on the scar
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Mine healed very well and I haven't had any problems with it. Mine was almost 2 years ago. Scar is very hard to even see if you aren't looking for it. I had staples for about 4 days and then steri strips for the following 1.5 weeks. It was quite the easy process! Walking for more than about 30 minutes was uncomfortable for the first several weeks but using a c section support binder helped a lot!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• three days in hospital
    sent home with strong pain drugs
    Boyfriend brought baby to me a lot
    NO STAIRS!
    no lifting anything heavier than baby
    pain not too bad-but keep on top of pain with the pills they give you, do not wait it out and then have a ton of more pain, but I found that I did not need as many pills as they said I could take
    did have sharp pain on sides, move carefully at first, know your limits
    scar healed easily and hardly shows now-2 years ago
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009