Could you imagine being this woman?Woman sitting on toilet accidentally shot in leg

TAMPA, Fla. – Authorities said a bullet from a gun that was accidentally dropped injured a Tampa woman sitting in a bathroom stall. Police said the bullet hit 53-year-old Janifer Bliss in the lower left leg. She was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.

Bliss was sitting on the toilet in a hotel bathroom when a woman in the next stall accidentally let her handgun slip out of her waist holster. The weapon discharged when it hit the ground.

Police said the gun belonged to a 56-year-old woman who has a concealed weapons permit.

The case has been referred to the State Attorney's Office to determine if any charges will be filed.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ack! This kind of thing terrifies me. I have an unhealthy paranoid fear of something like that happening to me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I knew public restrooms were dangerous!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• that is just the best thing i have heard tonight. i love freak accidents. those 'what are the chances' type of things...
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i realize that might sound like i appreciate her being shot. i mean its funny/odd that could happen in the first place.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Damn, it's not even safe to pee anymore.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Ouch that would suck.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Could I imagine it? probably.
    Do I want to imagine it? absolutely not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I always knew that sittng on public toilet seats was a danger
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The chances of this happening are a million to one. Wouldn't it just suck big time to be the one?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2009