What are your thoughts on girls ages birth to preschool in bikinis?

before the weather went kind of bad today we went to the beach briefly and saw a girl my daughters age (approx) in a STRING BIKINI... I was kind of shocked. It had these itty bitty triangles covering her nipples. We don't let ours (3yrs 1month old) even wear halter tops or "hoochie" shorts she's gotten as gifts from well meaning family/friends.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• And we wonder why women have no self respect and are treated like sex objects. (walks away shaking head)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would rather see a 6 month old wearing it than a 6 year old. Just my opinion. My daughter has one 2 piece, but it's not so skimpy. I normally put her in a one piece suit. I have no problem with halter tops though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my daughter is 20 months and has a 2 peice. I agree with toriandgrace.... I would rather see it on a 6 mo old than a 6yr old! Up until 5 I do not see a problem.... after that I do!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would rather see a 6 month or 6 year old in a cute little girl's bikini than see a 13 year old dressing like a 21 year old stripper. However, if its a 6 year old who looks like a Bratz promoter, its time to go shopping.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My six year old has a two piece. More like a mini tank top and short shorts than a string bikini though. I think it is important to look at the cut of the suit (there are some really nasty one pieces) and not how many pieces there are to it.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 3:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Both my girls (9 & 10) have always worn bikinis, either the triangle type tops or sport bra type depending on what they feel like getting and I don't see anything wrong with it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• a string bikini no. However living near the beach I have always gotten two pieces for my girls. Seriously have you ever fought a wet one piece off and fought it right back on? Oh and this might make you pass out but I let my 3 yo swim naked at the house sometimes.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• birth to preschool in bikini is to me the safest age to put bikinis on kids, lol.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 9:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I like the tankinis. With kids in diapers or potty training, it's just easier to have a two peice. I always hated the feeling of pulling my wet baithing suite down and back up to go the the bathroom. It made me want to pee in the pool since it felt so nasty. So I really like the tankini's that cover you, but still allow you to have easy access to go to the bathroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• string bikni....no..lol.

but cute bikini. sure
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2009