Do you love your

step kids like they are your own? Or are they a bother to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• My hubby loves my daughter like his own, always has. He's adopting her now.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have an 11 year old step daughter that we have been fighting for years to get custody of in the courts. Her mother is now moving her to Texas, and our visitation will be for extended holidays instead of every weekend. I feel like my own child is being ripped from me. I have helped raise her from the time she was a baby, and I couldn't love her more if I gave birth to her.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 3:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had trouble w/ my step children when i had them. I divorced their father. It was not the children, they were a dream come true. It was their father. I did everything for them, & he treated me very badly. After about 5 years i grew some resentment, & left. I only stayed for 5 years because of the kids. Anyway, it was hard work. And i did struggle w/ the situation quite a bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I don't stay around them much but they seemed cool to me when I was around them, regular normal kids.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 9:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• All of my step kids were adults when their father and I got together, it was kind of hard at first, but I didn't try to come in and be their mother. We are friends now. I know it is totally different from the step kids being young.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• No. I've only had custody of the stepkids for two years. The bond just isn't there like the one with my own children. Maybe as the years pass but for now, not even close.
    bradybunchmom75

Answer by bradybunchmom75 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009