Is this something that I will have to get used to?

My cycle has always been the same. Rarely do I have any variation. Its like clock work, even my first few cycles after giving birth were regular right out of the gate. Usually my periods are fairly light and last three to four days...I know I got lucky. This is my third period since having my baby and its been a whopping seven days! It seems to be ending but it sure is taking its time! What in the world is going on and what should I do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Health

• Your period can be affected by several variables. Age, weight, change in diet, horomone levels.This could just be your new norm. You could go on birth control pills to regulate your period better, and talk to your Dr, but from my personal experience after I had my twins, my period changed as drastically as yours did. I went from four days regularly to a week and always late. I have no idea if it was becouse of the twins, because I was 28, or because I gained 20 lbs. Now this is my new (hellish) norm.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 2:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Your periods change after having a baby.  You will probably find it will change again after you have another.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2009