What should I send???

My children are going to the beach with my mom for a few days in 2 weeks. I need to know what I need to send as far as papers saying my mom can medical decisions regarding my kids should a medical emergency occur. Do I just type something up? And what about insurance cards, should I send an actual card or will a copy of the card do? I'm really nervous about them going but they haven't had any kind of fun this summer.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 2:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always give my mother a dated letter stateing the dates she is permitted to have them seen by the Dr. or ER. I also sign it and put my Cell phone number on in case there are any questions. I also give her copies of the insurance cards and this has always been enough for them to get the medical treatment if nessesary.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 3:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would sent her with their insurance cards. Being that she is their grandmother she has the legal right to have them seen at a hospital. At least here it is like that, my son was hurt and my mother took him to the hospital, I was at work an hour a way. The hospital told me that since she was his grandmother it was legal for them to treat him.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• You probably need to get a medical power of attorney and a copy of the insurance card should do.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Grandparents have no legal right to approve medical attention. If they are dying or in resuscitation then anyone has the right to help them but any other situations have to be approvd by the parents. Send copies of the cards that is enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009