I went to a baby shower where NO ONE watched there kids! I mean No one!

Have you ever gone to a get together and the parents just let their kids run wild? They broke a tree branch, stuck their hands in the $60 cake I had made and one toddler fell so hard off of a bench that when he hit his head on the pavement....we felt it on our feet! It was just ridiculous! What are your experiences?

Mamasita98

Asked by Mamasita98 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is terrible!
    When I gave my daughter her baby shower last autumn my FIL's wife's grandson was brought - he's about 4 years old I believe - and "she" wouldn't keep him reigned in. "She" kept encouraging him to get into the gifts to see what the baby got! He was pulling things out left and right and when I stopped him HIS feelings were hurt!
    As I was taking photos of the shower I wanted to get some of my daughter holding up some of the nice gifts and "she" kept putting him in the pictures. I told him to wait aside for awhile and I would take some pictures of him. Well, "she" didn't like that and had him pose in some of the pictures with my daughter.
    Everyone at the shower was really ticked off at "her" and annoyed with him. He's not a bad boy, his grandmother is just forcing him to be the center of attention in everything! "She" is the naughty one who needed a time out!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• EVERYTIME I go to a friends house, My daughter is being pushed, hit, dumped off bikes, trikes and EVERYTHING! It drives me crazy!!! These kids run in the middle of the street and somehow get every little thing they way! I can't believe some mothers let their kids get this way!!!! I am by my daughter at all times and will say stuff to the parents but I'm like "if you don't want them doing that, you would be watching them closer!!!!" pisses me off to NO end! Once, I left for a SECOND and came back, some boy was holding her down and wouldn't let her up!!!! I was SOO FURIOUS!!! We go to parks now instead and I am ALWAYS by her making sure nobody beats her up.... I told her to get them back and she gives them KISSES and HUGS and toys she was playing with!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• omg....my mom was hosting a party and parents were doing that so she made an anouncement and said "if ur kid is not supervised please get ur stuff, ur kids, and urselves away from my house, I refuse to be liable for dumbasses" LOL

she's like the godfather of the family LOL

she is so blunt tho and after that everyone was on their kids like a hawk
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The moms sister who was the hostess tried to tell them Go WITH YOUR MOM and they looked at her like they didn't even understand. We TRIED playing the game where you scoop the cottonballs up and put them on a plate you hold on your head and this one baby girl (1 1/2) grabbed them off of a girl plate and her hand were so sticky we couldn't even count them! lol, it was sad. All I did was make sure no one knocked over the cake.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 4:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• WOW!!!!! I really do not understand how you can allow your kid to go THAT crazy anywhere!!! At 1 1/2 I understand the grabbing, but not the sticky part! IDK, i wash my dds hands religiously! LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I deliver pizzas and Saturday I delivered to this neighbourhood and this child looked to be about 4-5ish and he was in the bed of a pick up truck playing with a bb gun or something like that.  And he was pointing it at me pretenting to shoot.  I don't know that gun isn't loaded, but anyway I drove off from delivery and I looked to see if there were any adults around and there was not a single one around. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I went to a pool party where a four year old nearly drowned when she fell into the pool with nine adults in the pool right next to her.
    MotherMayMonica

Answer by MotherMayMonica at 5:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• In church just this morning, three kids were running ON the pews. Not just running around the church, but running on the pews!! I am not all "churchy" but I thought that was very disrespectful. Parents were talking to other adults and in the same area! Most weddings or events I go to there are always kids running around unsupervised. Drives me nuts, but they aren't my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am usually the one rescuing a hurt kid....I was at a baby shower where the kids ran wild, then one kid was on a swing and his foot ended up in a girl's mouth...she ran under the swinging kid screaming....I was pulling dirt out of her mouth and checking teeth....her mom or aunt or grandma? drinking and laughing with their friends on the front porch. this kid has grown up pretty bitter towards adults. good post, I thought I was the only one who thought like you ladies
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 6:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• No, I've never seen anything like that. There's usually a few kids running amok, but not ALL of them! I probably would have apologized to the mom-to-be and left! It's hard to keep yours in line when the rest are acting like animals!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009