Please someone tell me how to dilate faster. Im 38 weeks pregnant and im one cm. Give me some tips on how to dilate faster.

labor, contractions, dilating more.

Essenceelise

Asked by Essenceelise at 12:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my doctors had me walk for two hours strait. so that is the only thing i know that works... but its not much fun.. :)
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 12:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2008

• My doc had me walk too...but it didnt do anything for me. I was already in labor on my own. My water was broken and my lining was thinned out. I was only at 3cm. I didnt have her until over 30 hours later. It does work for some women though from what I hear. Stick it out...2 more weeks!! At your next appt. Maybe see about getting enduced! I remember how miserable it is being so far along. Some people say if you drink castor oill...but I have yet to see it work (I dont personally know anyone that it worked on) They say sex can help give you contractions, but you have to orgasm for it to work. I dont know though. Good luck!!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2008

• to add one what i was asking, I walk alot. I walk all day long in my house, i go to Walmart super center and walk all around that bitch and i go to my mail box every damn day which is far way from my place like at the end of my block.
    Essenceelise

Answer by Essenceelise at 1:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2008

• i have heard of striping your membranes (look it up online). also by using clary sage in ur bathwater. it beats castor oil. i wouldnt want to have diarhea. :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2008

• Well, it sounds to me like you're not in labor, but your doc checked your cervix at an appt and told you that you were 1 cm dialted. i hate to tell you this, but i was in the complete same situation you were in, except i was 3 cm. It still took me 2 more weeks to finnaly go into labor. They come when their ready. Also, i had my membranes stripped 3 times, and it never worked. He literally came when he was ready to come out...
    jamiefaith2

Answer by jamiefaith2 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2008

• That's very typical and doesn't mean your close to labor. I was a cm dilated at 36 weeks and progressed more by each visit. My last visit, on my due date, I was 3 cm and fully thinned and still not in labor. My water broke that night but contractions didn't start until they stripped my membranes. I'm not sure if the anonymous answer was suggesting stripping your own membranes or not but that sounds like a terrible idea to me. Hopefully I'm just misinterpretting what they were suggesting. I walked a TON, ate spicy foods, drank raspberry tea, did squats, etc... I did everything I could to try to go into labor but nothing will work if the baby's not ready. But once you're already in labor walking definitely helps progress the labor.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 2:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2008

• well some people say the have sex will help you go into labor faster if you feel like it only if it hurts do not do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2008